***Reminder – most dental plans expire in December so contact us to “use-it-so-you-don’t-lose-it***
It is National Gum Care Month! Is your smile supported by strong, healthy gums? With gum disease now linked to larger health conditions like diabetes, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and dementia, keeping your gums in excellent condition is critical for your overall well-being.
For gums that glow, make sure these key practices are part of your dental routine:
- Always brush along the gum linein short back-and-forth strokes to loosen plaque build-up
- Floss against the shape of each toothto dislodge food particles swept into the gum line
- Try an oral irrigator instead of toothpicksto be gentler when removing stubborn foods
- Use an anti-microbial mouthwashafter brushing and flossing to minimize oral bacteria
- Schedule twice-yearly professional cleaningsto tackle hardened build-up and hard-to-reach areas
If your gums show signs of swelling, inflammation, or bleeding, they could be at risk for disease and need professional attention. To schedule a consultation and exam, call (803) 661-8412
You can also visit our website for information on other dental services that may be right for you.
Garners Ferry Dentistry