With the year flying by and a change in season underway, oral health may be the last thing on your mind. If you’ve put your hygiene on auto-pilot, however, you may want to think twice! Everyday habits could actually be harming your gums and teeth.
To keep your smile at its best, steer clear of these dental hazards:
- Opening packages with your teeth, which can lead to chipped or broken teeth
- Chewing on pens, pencils, fingernails or ice, which can cause your teeth to crack
- Playing sports without a mouth guard, leaving your teeth exposed to potential injuries
- Mouth and/or lip piercings, that can cause tooth damage as well as harbor bacteria
- Medicinal cough drops and lozenges that are just as sugar-laden as candy
Avoiding these behaviors can minimize daily wear and tear and prevent costly dental problems and/or damage to prior dental work. Regular dental exams are also critical for early detection of dental issues you may not notice. If it’s been more than six months since your last check-up, schedule one now by calling 803-661-8412. For information about all of our dental services, visit our website.
Garners Ferry Dentistry
Your #1 Dentist in Columbia SC