Hopefully, you have already gotten your sweetheart something for Valentine’s Day on February 14. If not, there are a few days left until that day we tell and show our special someone how much we love them.
One way is to make that kiss even more special by maintaining good oral health. Bacteria can be shared a number of different ways that can ultimately lead to cavities and other harmful conditions. These include:
- Sharing a toothbrush
- Eating after someone or using their utensils
There a several turnoffs that can prevent that special kiss including:
- Bad Breath. This is caused by bacteria in the mouth and can be reduced by regular brushing and flossing.
- Coffee. Too much coffee can cause unsightly stains and contribute to bad breath.
- Tobacco. This not only causes bad breath but can also stain teeth and lead to significant conditions such as periodontal and other oral diseases. It also has other negative health consequences outside of the mouth.
Our Columbia, SC dentist and team can help you mitigate those turnoffs mentioned above:
- Regular checkups and cleanings. We recommend visiting us at least every six months. This not only helps us assess your oral health but can reduce oral bacteria and the buildup of unsightly and harmful tarter and staining on the teeth.
- Completing recommended treatment. This can reduce further painful and costly issues.
- Teeth Whitening. We have a few whitening options that can be done at home including our Whitening for Life Program.
Please contact our dental team in Columbia, SC to help you