August 2019: Back to School — Already?
With school and football just around the corner, oral health may be the last thing on your mind. If you’ve put your hygiene in the back of your mind, you may want to think twice! Everyday habits could be harming your gums and teeth.
To keep your smile at its best, steer clear of these dental hazards:
- Opening packages with your teeth,which can lead to chipped or broken teeth.
- Chewing on pens, pencils, fingernails or ice,which can cause your teeth to crack.
- Playing sports without a mouth guard,leaving your teeth exposed to potential injuries. Some of these injuries can result in seeing a specialist!
- Mouth or lip piercings,that can cause tooth damage as well as harbor bacteria
- Cough drops and lozengesthat are just as sugar-laden as candy and can cause just as much damage as the stuff you get at Halloween!
Avoiding these behaviors can minimize daily wear and tear and prevent costly and painful dental problems. Regular dental exams are also critical for early detection of dental issues you may not notice. Even if you do not experience an injury or feel any discomfort or pain, your still may be developing some issues. By seeing us regularly, you reduce the chances of experiencing dental issues or making them worse.
If it’s been more than six months since your last check-up with our Columbia SC dentist and team, schedule one now by calling 803-661-8412 For information about all of our dental services, visit our website.
Also, most dental benefits expire at the end of the year. If you want to don’t want to lose them, please contact us as soon as possible!