January? But we just started school and football season! There are lots of holidays between now and then like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Your favorite Columbia, SC dentist and staff are also looking forward to these times. However, your insurance company is prepping for January as most dental insurance plans renew at the start of the calendar year.
Some aspects you want to remember about dentistry and your plan:
- Dental benefits are typically unused or underutilized and benefit features can be confusing at times.
- Benefits are “use-it-or-lose-it”: your hard-earned money that is spent on premiums go to an annual maximum benefit. If this benefit is not used by the end of the year, then it is likely lost. Some plans have $1000 – $2000+ that can be used toward dental care.
- Major procedures typically need to be completed by the end of the year for insurance to pay. Crowns, bridges, partials and dentures can take 2 – 3 months so, if you are interested, treatment needs to be started now.
- Open enrollment for most dental plans starts in one to two months. Contact us if you need a recommendation on picking plan features.
- Most PPO plans provide a full year’s benefits starting January 1st. This means you could have $1000+ to put toward dental care at the start of the year.
Most PPO plans pay for most or all the cost of a dental exam and a regular cleaning every six months. This is designed to identify any problems before they grow. As you know, most dental problems are easy to fix and cost less the earlier they are identified. If dental issues fester, they not only become more expensive but likely result in missed work and free time.
DON’T LET YOUR INSURANCE BENEFITS EXPIRE THIS YEAR – YOU PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THEM!
Also, if you do not have an insurance plan, please go to http://garnersferrydentistry.com/loyalty-plan/ or contact us about our in-house insurance plan.
Call us today at 803-661-8412 to schedule an appointment. For information on all the services we provide, please visit our website at garnersferrydentistry.com. Check out our new chat feature!