Holiday season is fast approaching. Are you prepared to protect your smile from the sugar-laden sweets that lay ahead? You can enjoy the season without sabotaging your oral health.
To keep cavities at bay from Halloween to New Year’s Day and beyond, try to do these things daily:
- Sip beverages through a strawto help minimize acid contact with your teeth
- Brush and floss after every meal, especially after enjoying rich desserts
- Bump up your water intaketo help rebalance your mouth’s PH and minimize oral bacteria growth
- Limit snacking to allow your saliva to neutralize acid and work on restoring enamel
- Chew sugar-free gumto satisfy your sweet tooth and increase saliva production
Should a cavity emerge despite your best efforts to prevent it, be sure to get it filled before it can turn into a more costly and painful crown or root canal. Dental care is just a call away at (803) 661-8412.
Also, don’t forget that most dental insurance benefits expire at the end of this year. Please do not let your hard earned money spend on insurance premiums go to waste! Our Columbia, SC dental team is here to answer your questions and provide you top-notch service.
If you have further question, please call us or visit our website for information on all the dental services we provide.